Playing poker for a long period of time can make it become repetitive, boring and mundane. To ‘spice up’ your online poker experience you can immerse yourself in the Christmas spirit this year. Below is a list of 5 ways to enjoy the festive season, while still being able to use all the online poker strategies which will make you money at the poker table.
1. Change your Avatar name. This one is easy, there are so many festive names which can be used. Some of them will already be taken, but there are countless variations that can be used. Whether you use an online name generator or think of something witty yourself – you’ll get a lot of remarks about your seasonal name. Although this doesn’t increase your profit from poker, it certainly does make you feel better about yourself! Here are a few names to get you started:
- Chris Mass
- Mary Christmas
- Pinch Of Grinch
- Jingley Belle
- Miss L Toe
I’m sure you can create better names, if you do – feel free to post a comment on my website (details at bottom of page).
2. Buy poker gifts for friends. Share your love for poker with the people you love! You can find poker related gifts for all type of people, there are funny, serious, introductory gifts… too many to mention here. A quick internet search for poker gifts will give you all the resources you need.
3. Share something festive with people at your table. Online poker is a serious pastime, but at Christmas you can let your hair down a little – and share some of those terrible jokes you find in Christmas crackers with others on your poker table. You’ll be surprised at how many other players will join in on the fun, and you’ll soon find out that an online poker room can actually be very sociable, as well as profitable.
4. Get your friends round for a game. It’s time to turn the PC off, get to the supermarket and buy a few beers – and invite some friends around for a game of poker. Not many people have friends that would want to stake real money (or at least not a lot), but don’t worry – it’s Christmas! This isn’t about winning money, this is about enjoying Christmas, and not taking poker too seriously.
5. Use Christmas bonuses. There are fantastic online poker bonuses available, which allow you to feel festive while being profitable. Sky poker has recently issued a poker bonus which will make a lot of people very happy this Christmas.
There you have it, 5 tips to make your online poker experience more ‘Christmassy’. Making a profit from poker is a serious game to play, but you need to let your hair down at some point, and Christmas is a better time than any. Try these festive online poker tips out, you can even use no deposit bonuses to try them for free at the best poker rooms – you can even win real money from them! No deposit bonuses won’t always be available, get this freebie before it’s too late.